Tuesday, December 9, 2008

29 things before 30 - YIKES!

So this is overdue by about 2 months... just remembered it. It's not as checked off as I would like but I'm going to say that's OK (and blame being pregnant (at the time of trying to keep this list) and new baby on some of it - HA HA!) - December 2008

EDITED: So since I'm in this huge cross stuff off the list mood I decided I would post this list again with my updates to it. I think I'm doing ok - still have 8 months to accomplish the rest. February 2008

I don't remember when this list was actually written, I believe it was around August/September of 2007
So Elsie challenged us to make this list of things to do before your next birthday but with mine at the beginning of October I'm going to bump it around to the next one the big 3-0!! One thing she mentioned is putting down things that you will really be able to accomplish in that time so here it goes... (maybe another day I'll post about the other things on my life list, already have been able to check some of those off-yipee)

1. take Cade to Disney World (it will be my first time as well) we have this booked for Sept 2, 2008! I cannot wait! September 2nd 2008 enjoyed the WORLD!

2. figure out this job issue of mine - hopefully just be staying at home with my kids and NOT watching other people's too Byron informed me this weekend (Aug. '07) that he understood that doing the daycare with our baby coming was just not going to happen and it was just too much for me - so it looks like we are on our way to being done with it - yipee - so I know I will be down at least 2 kids come February possibly 3 - such a relief - thanks Babe!! Back in say March I had this huge revelation that I just need to treat raising my kids as my job and quit wasting so much energy searching for that perfect job. The peace I have felt since then is awesome!!

3. take on another client for scrapbook for hire besides the doctor - in April I scrapped a wedding album for a lady and I do believe I'm done doing other people's pics for awhile. Dec 2008 about a week ago the doctor whom I had scrapped for awhile back called again - looks like I'll be doing her daughter's Senior album beginning in Jan.

4. lose the baby weight that I KNOW will be there as of May I have lost approx 30 lbs but still a lot to go Dec 2008 - sadly I would like to still lose 25lbs!

5. rock climb

6. rappel again

7. learn how to use my digital rebel the RIGHT way - my father in law (who actually reads his manual) showed me about program setting this weekend... great for low lighting

8. continue to fight the battle against Photoshop, take an online class

9. visit my friends in Colorado -made arrangements to fly to CO in July for a wedding and a week vacation - May, had to cancel this -it was just going to cost too much money. I'm super disappointed that I'll miss the wedding, but plan to try for skiing in the winter.

10. back pack to the top of Mount LeConte with Byron

**man I should have made this list when I was younger.... yikes... having trouble**

11. teach Cade to read been practicing CVC words and sounds He is doing so awesome memorizing sight words AND I have officially decided to homeschool him in the fall so I KNOW that he will have th reading stuff down then. Dec 2008 - can read all of the Dolch sight words through 3rd grade and can MOST anything

12. remodel the bathroom for Mother's Day Byron tore up that awful place - I predict it will be done sometime in May - what a major project LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!

13. complete my Europe album (as if that will ever happen)

14. finally landscape around our house we did plant some bushes and hibiscus flowers!

15. master cooking something other than spaghetti - I sooo do NOT like to cook I have taco soup in the crockpot down!

16. read more books (not blogs) my current goal is 3 books a YEAR how sad is that - the even sadder part is that I usually don't make it!! (I sure used to rock the book reading back in the day though.) 1. For One More Day by Mitch Albom - Aug. '07 , Twilight, Eclipse, and New Moon by Stephenie Meyer - Dec '07 - wohoo read 4 in one year!! Breaking Dawn

17. think more about others and less about me still working on this....

18. pay cash for #1 wohoo - for the most part

19. pay off half of my student loan who was I kidding???

20. eat more fruits and veggies again - who was I kidding??

21. attend church more regularly been doing better, will probably start looking for a new church soon as well, ready for a change - we've been there since we started dating 8 years ago

22. change my hair color

23. go on another road trip just me and Byron

24. help find/hire 6 more design consultants for a la mode - 8/22/07 I was offered a sales director position with them so I do believe this will be accomplished! As of 10/25/07 have hired 8 consultants As of 1/31/08 hired 13 Sadly - I quit working for alm in Feb. 2008

25. complete 100 more scrapbook pages pretty sure I've done this - completed ALL of my 2007 pics in an album!

26. get my mom to scrapbook a page finally

27. volunteer more

28. quit making so many lists this is not looking good so far....

29. ummm struggling here - how about give birth... like I'll have a choice but hey that will be before I'm 30! - almost got this one marked off! wohooo! FEBRUARY 20th 1:47pm!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi,
i haven't left a comment yet - i have been lurking - i found you through Leigh-ann. i needed to say - total empathy with needing to do the list sooner- I had to do 39 things and it was tough.

Leigh-Ann said...

haha, number 28 is my favorite, lol.
good list teaque! :)

Heather said...

I guess I need to make a list, mine will have to be easy because my 30 comes a lot sooner than yours.

owen,tania,caleb,thaddeus, gideon,hannah said...

guess i had better pull up my list and see how i am doing hey??

Anonymous said...

"CVC words" Ha! Look at that little teacher coming out in you!! And don't quit making your lists. They are very inspiring!