Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009 WORD

Ali does a word for each year and you strive for that word through the entire year.

For 2008 I chose CONTENT (Like being content with my life, my job etc. etc).

For 2009 I have chosen the word BECOME (as in become a better me, a better wife, a better mom, a better friend, a better teacher). To start this little project I bought a treadmill today. Thanks to the homeschool loop it's basically an "ask and ye shall receive" I posted that I wanted to buy a slightly used treadmill and tonight... I brought one home. I've also decided to post my list of 2009 intentions here too, kind of as an accountability thing. Some I have taken off of my 29 before 30 list to help mark those off.

in no particular order
*get back to 130lbs - getting closer... down to 141lbs
*run a 5K did this in March! wohoo... I am planning on registering for a Half marathon in December!! ackk 13 miles!!
*volunteer with Cade we have done one thing so far, volunteering at a laundromat handing out money with our previous church, but I plan to do more this year
*rock climb/rappel at Natural Bridge just recently did this - so much fun!! I think I need to post pics... maybe... I'll check
*hike to the top of Mt. Leconte with Byron Byron just did this trip while on vacation, but we had the kids so I wasn't able to go too... maybe in the fall...
*read more than 1 book (so sad....) I have read Cure for the Common Life by Max Lucado and When the Game is over, it all Goes Back in the Box by John Ortberg
*stay caught up with my scrapbooking failed pretty miserably here... I don't even want to scrap anymore.. really struggling, but am going to try to go back to my scrap room soon
*learn to cook something other than spaghetti (yep, had that on my list last time... only added ONE thing to it - SHELLEY - HELP!!) I made banana bread for the first time and it was a hit - how about that???
*try a new church in town we have been attending Grace Heartland Church here in town and are liking it, man trying new churches is so hard!
*not lose my mind when my baby turns ONE!! (only 7 weeks away!!) LOL!! I survived this back in February and I don't think I even cried. It's amazing how quickly the time goes by, but I didn't think I freaked out.

I was thinking there were some more, but can't think of them now. Will add more as I think of them.

I have really been working on BECOMING just a better me in my thoughts, actions, and relationship with God. I just know that there is always room for improvement and have been trying to focus on the things I CAN change. Since I'm not doing the daycare anymore the peace I have is unreal. I'm just a happier person all around and that is helping make these changes much easier.

4 comments:

owen,tania,caleb,thaddeus, gideon,hannah said...

i like your word. i am also trying to get to 130...we should keep each other posted on our progress.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. I think i may have to copy. I'll teach you how to cook! Hmmm.... maybe we should start with a dictionary. ;)

Unknown said...

Although I haven't read that book, I have enjoyed the other John Ortberg books I've read.

Way to go with the progress! :)

leahmarieisme said...

so what weight did you start at when you wanted to become 130lbs again?
I am proud of you...sad to inherit your "fat clothes" yet also blessed by them! lol